PROJECTSET Limited (referred to as "we", "us" and "ProjectSet") is committed to protecting and respecting privacy of all users ('Users') of ProjectSet.com (the "Site"), ProjectSet services, application, tools or customer support services (collectively "Services")
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act'), the data controller is ProjectSet Limited of 1st Floor, 24/25 New Bond Street, Mayfair, London W1S 2RR. Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is Dhruva Banerjee.
The Personal Information we collect via the Site includes the following:
a) Personal Information you give us:
- Personal information you give us when you register or update your account with us such as your name, university or company affiliation, telephone numbers or email addresses
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services, including content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a project post, application, project execution, project closure or award application
- Personal information you give us when you communicate with us over our customer support or other channels.
b) Information we collect about you:
- Any additional information that we may be required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
- Personal information that we may access when you use our Services, such as Device ID or unique identifier, device type, unique device token or geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device.
- Personal information we may collect using cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers and similar technologies to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our Services.
c) Information we receive from other sources:
- Personal information we may collect from third parties - including but not limited to demographic information, additional contact information, credit check information or other websites.
- Personal Information we may receive from third parties we are working closely with (including for example, business partners, sub contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use the Personal Information held about you in the following ways:
- Personal Information you give to us. We will use this information as follows:
- To post on the site information that you wish to post or deliver a Service that you wish to receive on our Site; For example:
- Information on project opportunities will be posted on the site and will be visible to all Users;
- Student profiles will be made accessible by Sponsors of projects that the student applies to, for a limited period of time, in order to enable the Sponsor make an informed selection decision;
- Contact details of Sponsors and Students will be shared among Project teams after team members have confirmed their decision to join the project team.
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To contact you about your account and our Services.
- Personal Information we collect from you. We will use this information as follows:
- To provide and improve our Services;
- To provide you with a personalized experience;
- improve our Site to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
- select marketing activities.
- Personal Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the form we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Privacy Office, ProjectSet Limited, 1st Floor, 24/25 New Bond Street, Mayfair, London W1S 2RR, United Kingdom.
Your Personal Information will be accessible to staff and contractors of ProjectSet and may be disclosed to third parties when we deem - at our sole discretion - such disclosure to be necessary to:
- provide our Services,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- facilitate our marketing activities,
- prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services,
- perform any contract we enter into with business partners, suppliers, subcontractors or you,
- enable our advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others
- enable our analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise the Site.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ProjectSet or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Other Users may have access to such of your Personal Information - including downloadable documents - that you choose to share on the Site. Without limitation, this includes information on Projects posted by Companies and CVs uploaded by Students. However, we stipulate access and use of your Personal Information by other users only to the extent necessary for the intended purpose.
You can also control the exposure of your Personal Information to third parties by taking appropriate precautions (e.g. log out and / or clear your cookies) when you access or us the Site or Services from a public or shared device.
ProjectSet encourages its registered users to ensure that their Personal Information is complete, accurate and up to date. You can access, review and change your Personal Information by logging in to your account at any time.
Upon your request, we will close your account and subject to paragraph 6 above remove your Personal Information from the Site as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that we may not be able to change or remove certain public postings You may have made on the Site.
We use several technical and administrative security measures - such as firewalls, data encryption and access controls - to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration of your Personal Information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs of providing you with details of the information we hold about you.